/* Amor vincit omnia: Melancholy */

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Melancholy

I'm sitting in front of the computer doing nothing while I have readings to do and a couple of tests in a couple of days. I was reading "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven." It's a book about Amerindian life on a reservation. I can't find the book right now so I can't tell you who it's by. It's about how reservation life affects modern Amerindians. Sad. Very sad. Saddest thing is that I can relate to most of them. I think I've accumulated enough melancholy to write a book like that. Perhaps I should start on it. It might be done by the time I get out of school. It would be about a third generation immigrant who tries to become a first generation one in a redneck state. I think the people around me are pretty tragic too. Not gonna name anyone, but you guys know who you are. We're all just a bunch of tragic miserable fucks. Life sucks unless you're on a roll. If you're on a roll, I hope for your sake that it never stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home