/* Amor vincit omnia: Smile Like You Mean It */

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Smile Like You Mean It

If you've not noticed yet, that's the song that's playing on this blog right now. Very meaningful methinks, especially for all those broken hearts out there. Let go, and smile. It's over and we all know it. It seems that almost everyone's living in the past these days, myself included, but holding on to the past never brought happiness to anyone. At the end of the day, we would all realize that by holding on to the past, we have denied ourselves the chance to let new happiness come into our lives. So all you people who hold on to old loves; all those who are haunted by the ghosts of the past; all those still hoping that that person would someday come around, and you know who you are, it's time we all let go and moved on. Stop listening to those sad love songs and wondering what could have been.

Yeah. And stop thinking that life's not going to get any better because it's not getting any better. That's how I've been thinking for the past two years. Then it dawned upon me that maybe the reason why my life's not been improving is precisely because I expect it not to. It's kinda a self fufilling prohecy perhaps, cuz when you're caught in that mental trap, you will not see opportunities around you, and life would seem bleak and hopeless. This is the first week since I've changed my mindset, and I've never felt more alive. Happiness is not a state of being, it is an approach to life.

Yeah enough moody ramblings. Announcement: I should be returning to Singapore this December. Email/Msg me your wishlists/appointments etc. pls.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home