/* Amor vincit omnia: Car Revolution */

Monday, May 30, 2005

Car Revolution

Okay, I've finally changed my car. The 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX is out, and the 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T is in. Pictures are available here. There are still some wrinkles with the Eclipse to iron, out, but it's driving and looking real good now, and I'm betting it'll rock once the I've smoothed out the rough edges. The car is totally stock, which is good, cuz it means that no one has screwed it up yet. The check engine light turned on just after I got it, a bad sign, but it maybe just a pinched wire. It could also be a problem with the transmission because it acts weird sometimes. There's no problems other than that so I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it. The Eclipse GS-T does 0-60mph in 6.6 secs but since I got the Eclipse Spyder, the convertible top weighs it down and drags the timing down to somewhere nearer to 7 seconds. It is still freakingly powerful though it has just 210 horsepower which is just pretty decent for such a car, its 214 lbs of torque makes it push its passengers back in their seats whenever it acclerates from rest. I'm planning to add intakes and change the exhaust too, in addition to replacing the bonnet with a carbon fibre hood all in due time. Gonna boost the turbo too, and change the top to a black one all in due time. When all that's done, I'm gonna rip out the auto transmission and throw in a six-speed shifter. Now I've gotta take care of maintenance first, like sending it to get its engine looked at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home