/* Amor vincit omnia: Valentine's Day's coming soon! */

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Valentine's Day's coming soon!

What is Valentine's Day? Is there some sort of Saint Valentine? Is it the day where lovers meet and reaffirm their love for each other? Is it the day where people give and receive chocolates? NO.
Valentine's Day's the day where the price of roses get inflated 1000%. It is the day where guys' fates are decided by the gift that they get for their lovers, and pay through their nose to get them and their valentines to some fancy italian restaurant. It is the day where florists earn 98% of their annual income and the really lucky girls get diamonds.
It's also the day that people like me bitch about because apparently we don't have anyone to spend it with.
Don't get me wrong... Valentine's Day's a day where nobody loses. Florists and restaurants earn tons of money, girls get flowers and presents, and guys get lucky. And those who do not have any reason to celebrate this day wins too as their avoid getting ripped off. I guess there might be some losers on this day... those guys who sadly got the wrong gifts... however... they can always make things right... jewellers open late on Valentine's Day.

On another note, I cooked again today. Some filled haberneros that tasted too spicy, and some fried shrimp. What I am really proud of is the sauce I concorted for the shrimp though. It seems that I'm really manifesting the superior genetic traits for cooking... my friends loved the shrimp... though those haberneros got everyone sweating. I'm seriously gonna cook for you guys when I get back... I just hope I've got a place for to host the dinner, cuz my house's gonna be filled with tenants.

Oh yeah... I broke a golf club today. They're not supposed to break, but I broke one anyway. Go figure. I broke a 7 iron.

1 Comments:

Blogger rena said...

oh man, I'm sorry for the poor results, I was looking for 'dance like crazy' when drunk, but in absence of that I chose 'blabber', should have guessed its got to do with dance. And, sorry man, am no car techie. Feeling real guilty about it though, shall get my fat ass onto MSN real soon and chat, sorry!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home