/* Amor vincit omnia: 1005 visits + yet another social commentary */

Monday, June 13, 2005

1005 visits + yet another social commentary

Alright the hit count just crossed the 1000 mark today. I know it's just one thousand, and that most of them are just the same people visiting over and over again, but it's kinda special whenever a digit is added to a counter number. 1000 hits in 7 months... that works out to be an average of 4 hits a day. Never meant for strangers to visit my blog, and I guess it's kept in line with my wish. I'm supposed to be studying right now... I guess I should get right to it. Lol it's almost a year since I left Singapore. It doesn't feel that long at all. I keep having the feeling that I just got here. I guess that's because I don't really have a big bunch of friends whom I hang out with. At least I have quite a few groups of friends to hang out with in Singapore. I guess I still have to work on my social circle. However, the saddest thing about being here probably is the lack of a decent club in Auburn. All the pubs really suck so much. What I wouldn't give for them to open a club that's 1/2 as cool as Zouk over here. I guess I'm just going to party my ass off when I get back to Singapore and when I finally get my ass out of this boring town. It looked pretty big on my first visit here. It's really really really very small. Auburn Village is a term more apt than Auburn City. Alright let's just compromise and rename the place Auburn Town and avoid misleading people in the future. Really, if I had known I was coming to such a boring place, I would have avoided it altogether. Then again, coming here isn't all bad. It widens the perspective, and really dimished my respect for white trash, opps I meant people. I have quite a few white friends, but most of them are just snobbish, ignorant morons who think that they are the smartest people in the world.

It's funny how so many Americans still think of themselves as being so much better than foreigners even though all the best stuff are being made in Japan or Europe. America is only good at making weapons, and using them. Although most people would beg to differ on the later. Let's face it, most of the people keeping the American economy afloat are Asian immigrants. Asian-Americans have the highest income of all racial/ethnic groups, but their poverty rate is twice that of whites. This is probably the greatest indication of the failure of the American education system. Lets face it, although there are many Asian-Americans who excel in school and in life, the fact is that most of them fall through the cracks, and most of the people who excel academically, and later, professionally, have gone through foreign education of some form. Since they are from the same bloodline, their genetic potential are obviously the same. It is the system that fails them. The greatest failing of America is self-deceit. Ask any average American on the street, and they will tell you that America is the world Super-power, and is leading the world. America has the best economy and highest living standards. The sad thing is, the economy is growing at a measly 3%, while the so-called "third world countries" like poor ol' Bangladesh's economy is growing at twice the rate. Singapore really takes the cake in economic growth. It's growth rate was 12% last quarter. The US is also in debt. $7 trillion of in it fact, and growing. Also, to add insult to injury, US has lost it's leadership in Gross Domestic Product per Capital. But it's alright, as they say, ignorance is bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home